You will also agree with me, we can’t get top ranking in Google for competitive terms except link building i.e. without off-page SEO techniques in 2021.
You can actually drive a lot of quality visitors to your website from Google and different search engines through building best & quality links only.
With this post, you will understand what is OFF-page SEO and how to build excessive quality backlinks for your website, which will help you achieve top rankings for targeted keywords on Google.
SEO is basically classified into two ways:
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
On-page search engine optimization makes your website search engine friendly however off-page SEO improves your website’s position in Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
9 out of 10 bloggers focus on on-page optimization and not focus on off-page optimization. That’s the purpose why they struggle to expand their search engine traffic. If you’re also one among them, start focusing on off-page search engine marketing activities. This detailed off-page search engine optimisation strategies information will help you learn how to do it the proper way.
What is off-page SEO?
Off-page search engine optimization is nothing but improving your website positions in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). It tells Google what others thought about your website. Based on the links that you have on your site, the search engine assumes that you have excellent content. Let’s dive into the important points for more information on off-page search engine optimization.
- Get Authority Backlinks
You know, except backlinks, it’s not possible to rank on first page search results.
Backlinks are the most essential off-page SEO factor when it comes to content marketers and bloggers. Because search engines believe your website more if your website has any authoritative relevant backlinks.
When Google appears for fresh content, it indexes your new pages and makes them accessible for search users. When relevant search queries are triggered, Google uses some algorithm facts to decide whose pages will rank. This we call Google ranking factors in search engine optimization terminology.
Here are the most important elements that Google considers while ranking:
- The range of linking domains: The range of domains linking to your site is one of the most essential ranking factors
- Page rank of a linking page: The links from the high web page rank website are considered more than the links from low PR pages. Yes, attempt to get links from high PR pages.
- The variety of linking pages: It is always recommended to have more backlinks from individual domains rather than from a single domain.
- Authority of linking domain: A link from a low pagerank web page on a high pagerank web site is better than from a low pagerank one.
- Count the number of dofollow links: As Google officially mentioned that it won’t count nofollow links while ranking, it considers dofollow links.
- Contextual links: The links inside the content of the web page are worth more than the links in a sidebar.
- Links from homepage: The links from a homepage of a linking domain lift more strength than these on one of its pages.
- Link relevancy: The links from pages associated to your pages subject lift more relevancy for search engines.
Google views your website as more valuable than other websites if you have many backlinks from authoritative websites. Google analyzes the questions about backlinks like, where does the backlink come from?, best of the link, how fresh the link is? Etc..
How to get these authoritative links?
1. Guest blogging: No doubt, guest blogging takes you a long way and helps a lot in acquiring excellent links. The only difficult challenge here is, you want to do a lot of research about the topic. After that, you need to discover the top blogs in your area of interest and submit your pitch. If they accept and yes your article gets published on their sites.
2. Broken link building: To earn the links, this off-page SEO technique is pretty much faster than guest blogging. Do you know, plenty of links on some authority blogs are really dead. If web hosting expires, during file transfer or migration of the sites, links are bound to break.
The one right factor is broken pages don’t affect your site’s ranking. But it does give a bad experience to users. If your client service is bad, then 85% of your business could be lost in accordance to the Sacramento Design Network.
So, conduct a backlink analysis on your niche websites. Find broken links, contact the proprietor and let them understand about their dead links. There are probabilities that they will do a return favour by including your link on their website or you can provide a replacement link too.
3. Create compelling infographics: It usually gives impressive outcomes provided they are created with high-quality information. If you have the budget to afford, you can use Canva for expert infographic designers.
If you want to attract a large number of target audiences and collect authoritative backlinks, then infographics work the best. Because, the best clients reply to visual content better than the plain text.
Infographics go viral if you give enough promotion to it. When people share your infographics, it consistently generates organic site visitors to your blog.
- Improve Your Social Media Signals
Social is the NEW SEO. Here’s the picture that tells you how social media affects your SEO.
Know your target audience through engaging more on social media. By contributing regularly to discussions, you will recognize where your target audience hang out more and at what time.
Because these days people don’t just go to Google for everything. Yes, social media is the new SEO. Users use social media channels to look for what they want. So, you also need to think about the search that happens on social media.
If anybody wants to understand more about your brand, they check your presence on Twitter, Facebook, and of course different social media channels. Share your content in the form of content or pictures or video. Join related social media groups like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and share the content there too. It helps in connecting with potential users.
Users go for Quora more to get proper answers instead of Google or Bing. Make the best use of it. Publish your content in the relevant sections or threads in Quora. One important note to keep in mind here is, never do any advertising on this platform. Write truly useful answers to the questions related to your niche and provide your blog link at the end of the answer.
Here are some interesting facts that give how many people are using social media for searching any query.
In a study conducted by comScore, Twitter deals with 19 billion search queries a month as of 2010, Google around 88 billion search queries a month and Bing 4.1 billion search queries per month. In 2012, Facebook stated that it’s getting 1 billion search queries per day.
Social media presence helps to develop your business and gets you more backlinks. The internet is for building relationships, expressing and sharing ideas, supporting each other with useful and beneficial information.
- Save Your Site From Google Penalties
If you want to maintain your site’s ranking position, backlinks are really important. But links affect the search overall performance either in a better way or worse.
Backlinks have the strongest impact on search engines. It is very essential to save your website from Google penalties because recovering from penalties is very difficult. Google generally focuses on user optimization and valuable content.
How to stay away from Google penalty radar?
Perform full backlink analysis and it helps to analyze which links are proper and which are bad. Here is how you can make sure that your website is free from getting penalized.
1. Perform website audit: You can use tools like SEMrush for discovering and fixing website SEO related issues. You can find out all the reasons why your website is not ranking nicely on Google.
2. Optimize your content: Content is always the king. You may not use proper keywords but if it looks too promotional then nothing can stop it from going viral. Help your target audience through creating useful and beneficial content. Use visuals in your post, combine data into your blog posts. Your target audience tries to understand more about you if you really provide them valuable content.
3. Use different keyword phrases: Once you are completed with full backlink analysis and know from where links are coming, focus on the use of different keyword phrases, generic content and brand names in your content so that Google considers your backlinks as organic. Which means your backlinks shouldn’t have exact match keywords in their anchor texts.
One tip is to use your brand name as anchor text because anybody can share your content and link to it. You can’t manage your anchor texts so use your brand name. Make sure you always post fresh content to enhance your brand in the online world.
- Contribute To Other Sites
In the world of SEO, guest blogging is common.
What do you get via contributing to different sites?
- It helps to build your authority.
- It can bring you a huge referral traffic.
- It helps in building links.
While writing guest posts for different sites, don’t link too many tons to your site. It spoils your relationship with the website owner. Even if you are writing guest posts for others, provide really excellent content. Low quality guest posting brings more hassle to you.
The few things you need to keep in mind before you guest post on different sites:
- Collect a list of all websites related to your niche that accepts guest posts.
- Set up an excel sheet and write each site’s home page domain authority (DA), guest posting tips etc.
- To get more guest posting sites related to your niche, type in google with these search strings. “Your Keyword” + “guest post” or “intitle: guest submission guidelines”.
- Search on all social media platforms. For example, head over to Twitter web page and in the search box, you can give “your keyword” + “guest post”. Seriously, it shows you extra possibilities than Google search engines.
- it’s recent posts have. If they have more tweets or shares, there are good probabilities that your post also will have.
- Now, it’s time to write a high-quality guest post. If you have a subject in your mind, linktally.com will inform you how well the post is going to perform.
- Another way to decide the topic for your guest to publish is to check which pages have more backlinks. For this, go to open website explorer, and enter the site’s URL. Click on the “Top pages” tab and check what webpages have high Page Authority (PA).
Submit To Directories And Forums
Off-page search engine optimisation helps you to make your website more famous on the Internet. To get more visibility, post your stuff to directories and forums. Here are the websites where you can publish your blog content to enhance more visibility.
- Social bookmarking sites: These are the first-class platforms to promote your stuff. When you post on popular social bookmarking sites, it helps in gaining more site visitors to your blog.
- Submit to forums: Make sure that you take part in every forum related to your niche and build connections with the community. Make the great use of do-follow forums.
- Blog directory submission: It helps to build fine backlinks. It takes time to get better outcomes but it really helps in the long run. Select a desirable category under every directory and start submitting your posts.
- Article submission sites: It is always right to post the articles to high page rank directories. If you publish low quality content and have more keyword stuffing, then your article gets rejected. So, create highly unique content.
- Question and answer sites: You will get a good amount of high site visitors from question and answer websites. Join these websites and search for questions related to your niche, provide helpful answers to any question. Don’t forget to provide your blog link at the end of the answer. You can use the websites like Yahoo answers, Quora, blurtit etc.
- Share your videos to these sites: If you are a vblogger or any other, publish to these websites to make your videos popular. It is one of the methods to get quality backlinks.
- Image submission sites: Make sure you optimize your pictures with the correct URL, title tag before submitting to these sites.
Submit your infographics: Make really awesome infographics and post to these sites. Give a reference link to your website.
- Share to document sites: Create documents related to your niche.Make sure you create unique and useful pdf or ppt.
All the websites mentioned here have high Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA). No doubt, off-page SEO offers a higher ranking to your website in Google search.
Off-page SEO has its personal importance, however, don’t neglect the on-page SEO activities. No matter how strong your off-page is, except for proper on-page SEO you may not get a higher ranking in SERPs. You need to have a quick loading website, and SEO-optimized web hosting can help you to gain that.
And, the list does not end here! There are many more areas to discover by yourself. Keep one thing in mind: the more high authority websites you have referring to you and talking about you, the more possibilities you have to rank higher.
Most of all, be consistent and patient and you’ll step by step climb to the top of Google’s results.